Poised to meet and exceed your needs
As a trusted provider of ingredients to the largest and smallest bakery, brewing, confectionery, petfood and other diverse industries, we are familiar with the special requirements and high quality standards needed to produce your ingredients. We benefit from our customer partnerships, auditing by the State of Wisconsin, USDA, FDA and our Organic certification agency, Oregon Tilthe. We recognize the value in continuous improvement of our Food Safety Management Systems and support the Global Food Safety Initiative through our SQF certification.
In order to meet and exceed expectations, the Quality Control/Food Safety team of experienced scientists and specialists are trained in current food safety requirements and trends. To assure all aspects of our operations are strictly adhering to current food safety regulations and standards, they develop, implement and monitor strict internal quality and food safety controls.
- SQF Certified
- The Global Food Safety Initiative is recognized worldwide as a set of standards against which a food production facility’s procedures and food quality & safety systems are benchmarked. This certification verifies our diligence to food safety.
- FSMA compliant
- The Food Safety Modernization Act is the most sweeping revolution to overtake the U.S. Food Industry in nearly 80 years. Briess recognized the importance of this legislation, and initiated a review of all food safety and quality systems ahead of our mandatory compliance date. Briess went beyond Preventive Controls Qualified Individual requirements, having all Briess Quality and Plant Production managers participate in formal PCQI training to better understand the requirements, and making Briess programs and culture fully FSMA compliant.
- Organic Certified since 1990
- Kosher Certified
- GRAS Ingredients
- GRAS statements are available on our products, emphasizing our commitment to FDA standards.
- AAFCO Compliant
- Briess product lines meet the standards set forth by The Association of American Feed Control Officials, expanding their relevance beyond human food and beverage applications to usage in pet and livestock foods.
- Security-Bioterrorism Regulations
- The Briess facility Food Defense Team includes interdisciplinary members representing internal Production, Logistics, Quality and Safety Departments. Led by AIB-trained Food Defense Coordinators, Briess teams meet regularly to ensure compliance with the Bioterrorism Act of 2002.
- Food Safety-HAACP
- Briess Food Safety Plans were developed as the foundation of our FSMA adherence. The plans were developed by a cross functional team using HAACP principles. Formally AIB trained, this team routinely meets to adapt plans that are reflective of our continuous food safety improvements.
- State, federal and third-party audits
- At Briess, we recognize the importance of frequent federal and state plant audits, and customer-driven and independent third party inspections, as tools for regulatory compliance.
- Multi-faceted Quality Control Program
- The culture of the U.S. Food and Beverage Industries is constantly changing, and Briess strives to be at the forefront of compliance with these changes. Drawing from the extensive programs and procedures established to meet legislation and certifications listed above, Briess has developed and regularly monitors a dynamic, multi-faceted Quality Program designed to assure the quality and safety of our products for our customers’ success.